Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

London: The Liz Earle Experience

Tuesday, April 24, 2007   |   0 comments


I wouldn't usually go and buy an entire skincare range by any one company, and I don't subscribe to the thinking that products like cleanser and toner can compliment each other and if you don't buy them all from the one brand, well, you're missing out. However, I do place a lot of faith in user reviews, so before we jetted off last Thursday I had done my homework. Rave reviews on Make Up Alley and Beaut.ie? Check. Personal recommendation from someone I actually know who has also used Dermalogica and Eve Lom? Check. Sample of a product or two to test myself? Check, courtesy of my ever-generous manager who herself recently succumbed to The Lure Of Liz.

I have been using the Smoothing Line Serum and the Daily Eye Repair for about the last 3 weeks and I can definitely see a difference around my eye area. I've become a bit eye obsessed in the last few years so have tried my fair share of serums and the like; some of them stung like a mother, some of them didn't, but none of them did anything for my [admittedly very fine] lines and dark undereye circles. This is the first eye care system which doesn't irritate my not-actually-that-sensitive-so-what-the-hell-is-in-this-cream?! eyes and has made a visible difference after only a few weeks. I am so impressed with that I will probably purchase the full size products.

All these positive experiences, coupled with the status of the Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser and the Instant Boost Skin Tonic in InStyle Magazine's Best Beauty Buys [both have been inducted into their Hall of Fame, having been voted Best in Category by industry experts for at least the last 3 years running] meant I was sold on the line before ever setting foot in a store.


After my first use of the cleanser [so exciting!] my skin was comfortably clean, with not the tiniest flaky spot in sight - and my pores looked noticeably less humungous than usual. I also found that, despite using my Eve Lom muslin cloth and not being any more gentle with it than I usually would be, the skin around my nose looked far less red and my skin generally looked calm and felt soothed. The Instant Boost Tonic was very refreshing without being harsh, unlike some other toners I've been prescribed for my oily but sensitive hide [oh yes, Clinique Clarifying Lotion, I'm talking to you.] I was a bit apprehensive about my new moisturiser, since I've been using Dermalogica Active Moist for about the last six months and it seems to suit me, and in the past I've found moisturisers for combination/oily skin just not, well, moisturising enough for me. No such issues with Liz: her moisturiser was quickly absorbed and left my skin hydrated but not greasy. Result!

And Deni-O appears to feel the same. She has recently been quoted as saying: "Liz is a lege, I want to have her babies!!!! I have totally noticed the difference in my skin." Seems she's not entirely sure about it yet.

I'll update if any change, but first impressions are very positive indeed-y.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails