Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Spot the Difference

Wednesday, April 04, 2007   |   2 comments


I'm currently on the hunt for The Perfect Light Fixture to illuminate our dining room. I have been coveting this particular contemporary chandelier since I first spotted in in Mikey in Dundrum S.C., but sadly I don't think it will co-ordinate particularly well with my rather traditional-looking cream kitchen presses and oversize vintage station clock. Needless to say, that hasn't diminished my lust. It's so sparkly!

Now, what do you suppose is the difference between the two versions of my luxurious light fixture above? I mean, they look flippin' identical, right? Both are suspension ceiling lights composed of a silver metal rod featuring no fewer than 9 [count 'em] lightbulbs with loads of pretty crystals draped along its length.

Well, I'll put you out of your misery: it's a "Splurge vs. Save" scenario [a good one, though, I'm not trying to convince you that some minging pair of Penneys' heels are the spitting image of the latest Choos.] The light in the top photo would set you back a whopping great €1,790.00 while the one in the bottom would only damage your purse/joint account to the tune of a comparatively teeny €362.00 [and personally I think it looks far nicer.] Sure for that price you could buy two and still have a wad of cash left over for a couple of pairs of Louboutins!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 12:34 pm, April 19, 2007, Blogger AMS said…

    oh they are absolutely beautiful!!

    I read your below post about design sites and I am obsessed with these too (even though renting and will be for the forseeable future)

    Check out:

    http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/

    http://swissmiss.typepad.com/weblog/

    http://www.yvestown.com/

    keep ya busy for a while!

     
  • At 2:32 pm, April 24, 2007, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oooh thanks missus! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails