Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

It's beginning to look a lot like You-Know-What

Thursday, November 15, 2007   |   2 comments


I said in that there last post about how we got on in Monart that I had adapted an "ah, there's no rush on it" attitude to house things on foot of our Monart trip. [Did I mention that I was in Monart? Hah? Sorry, I'll stop going on about it soon, promise.]

Well.

The realisation that there are just 6 weekends standing between me and C*******s has lit a bit of a fire under me, I can tell you. Now, usually I get very cross about how the build up to C*******s starts earlier and earlier every year and how it's all far too commercial etc etc etc. Penneys had festive stock in store sometime back in May or thereabouts and Boots had the baubles and the garlands up and the gift sets out in the middle of October. That's just Sick And Wrong.

But since we're into November and it is actually winter now, I've decided to just try and get into the spirit of things and enjoy the extended run up for a change. Himself was on about making C*******s puddings and things the other day and I didn't bat an eyelid, so it's going pretty well. As you may have noticed, I can't quite bring myself to actually use the 'C' word, but I'm sure it'll come to me.

Apart from starting to draw up pressie lists earlier than usual and have a distinctly less furrowed brow than normal for this time of year, I am determined to have the gaff all done [or at least, well on its way there] by the time the day itself rolls around. My To Do list is as long as... well, much longer than my arm. As long as Leonid Stadnyk's arm, maybe. It features some ambitious plans and will definitely involve a trip to IKEA in Belfast [only 27 days to go!] I'm all gung-ho about housey things again now, having read the print off December's Living Etc, visited Zee's great Homebug blog and had a nose on her "absolute favourite interior design blog", Desire To Inspire.

So if anyone's planning a visit to us this side of the New Year, they best pack their nicest paintin' clothes!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 4:37 pm, November 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aaaahhhh C*******s - I can't take it just yet!!!

     
  • At 12:04 pm, November 22, 2007, Blogger Unknown said…

    I should have qualified all that "getting into the spirit of it"-ness by saying that it's still too frickin' early for...
    1. C*******s ads on the telly [esp. the Coca Cola/Kellogs/Bud ads that're the same every year. Cheapasses!]
    2. C*******s music on the wireless [there aren't that many festive songs to go round and they get real old real fast - why not save them for the fortnight just before The Big Day?]

    So, basically at this stage it's only ok for people to be looking forward to C*******s in their own heads. We don't have to actually talk about it or anything til after The Eighth ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails