Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Grand stretch in the evenings...

Friday, April 18, 2008   |   5 comments


Ah, I know it's such an auld wan thing to say but seriously - isn't there a grand stretch in the evenings all the same? Tis great to be getting home from work when it's still all nice and bright; the only downside is that I'm becoming completely obsessed with the need to Do House-y Things.

The rest of the year, I can get away with not painting/doing the garden/whatever because sure it's black dark when I get home and sure these are things that you really do need daylight to do properly. And then I'm busy busy at the weekends, so stuff gets put on one of my long fingers will just have to wait until the clocks go forward.

Of course, it's only to myself that I have to make these justifications but it totally works. Fools me every time.

Since it's that bit brighter now, these excuses just won't wash. So far since the clocks have gone forward, I've:
- done a bit of sorting of the back garden, laying roll-out turf and putting down weed-control membrane where my fabilis gravelled borders will someday be going;
- sanded the stairs [with assistance from Himself] in preparation for its paint job;
- and... er... that's about the height of it actually!

I am in Doing House-y Things mode, though [cue lots of trawling through lovely sites like Homebug and my back issues of and clippings from Livingetc], and planning all the work that I'll definitely get done get started on think about this weekend. Sadly, one of the things I won't be doing is wondering how to decorate a study as our little gaff is a just fractionally too small for that kind of mullarkey. Even so, I couldn't help but admire this snazzy curvy-shelf-turned-desk that I stumbled upon over on BLTD:


Jean e yus!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 7:53 pm, April 19, 2008, Blogger Rachel@fairycakeheaven said…

    There is a grand stretch to be sure to be sure!!! ;-) tee hee it's lovely coming home when it's bright, makes me more inclined to do something after work instead of just sitting in front of the tv!!!

    I've tagged you Lynnie, pop over to my blog if you get a chance

     
  • At 12:09 pm, April 23, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    argh house things, it's the one downer to the bright evenings alright! I've become so obsessed with my compost bin (charming, eh?). I am literally out there every weekend commanding it to turn into rich dark humus (mmm...hummous) Anyway, my garden is such a state at the moment, think I will dig a patch up and plant a veggie patch. Hugh Fearnley Whotshisface eat your heart out :D

     
  • At 1:07 pm, April 23, 2008, Blogger Unknown said…

    Tanx for the tag Rach, hope I've done it right now!

    Deisegirl - are you Portarlington Deisegirl? Long time no "see"!!!

     
  • At 4:57 pm, April 23, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yes, 'tis I, I flit here and there, with the attention span of a goldfish/Homer Simpson - look that dog has a puffy tail...here puff!

    Ahem.

     
  • At 10:00 am, April 24, 2008, Blogger Unknown said…

    Heh heh heh!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails