Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

In which I seem to be getting my ass in gear.

Monday, June 09, 2008   |   0 comments

Ah it's never easy to get back into the swing of things after a Bank Holiday weekend, sure it's not? But when a feeling of mounting, swirling, suffocating hysteria starts to kick in when you contemplate going back to work after such a little mini-break, you have to wonder if it's time to take action and make a change.

Last Tuesday morning, I thought I might actually puke with freaked-out-ness. I've recently moved jobs (from Accounts Receivable to Payable - and there was I thinking that all I was good for was AR Assistant) and while I was never intending to stick with a credit control function fo' eva, at least the work was challenging and stimulating and varied. Not so much in AP, which seems to me to be glorified data entry.

It's a three-month move to gain some experience in other areas of Finance, and while it'll hopefully look good on the oul' CV I reckon a week would have been long enough to get a handle on Accounts Payable, ta. My own particular area of responsibility within the department is attempting to sort out super-aged, often-queried invoices, and I feel like I'm drowning in a sea of steadily increasing paperwork.

On the upside, the horror that I felt last Tuesday at the prospect of commencing a day's work in Payables has galvanised me into action in a way that my AR role never managed. Tomorrow morning, I am off for my first visit to a Career & Education Counsellor recommended to me by one of the girls in the daily Blather over on Beaut.ie.

Won't it be only frickin' hil-ar-ious if he decides that I'm best-suited to an AP job?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails