Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Attempting to break away from the jeans: Day 1

Wednesday, September 24, 2008   |   8 comments


Well, this is something I never in a bazillion years thought I'd do. And yet, here I am, putting pictures of myself on the Internet. Ok, I'm fully clothed, but it still feels a bit... I dunno, weird to be putting photees up on the World Wide Web for anyone and everyone to see and have a snigger at my knobbly knees. Also, I like the idea of an element of anonymity, which pics have a fairly inconsiderate tendancy to scupper.

But sure it's all for the greater good: hopefully it'll encourage me to keep out of the jeans, oh and if anyone has any ideas about how I could improve in terms of Putting Looks Together do leave me a comment, because I'm fairly rubbish at it. That may partly be due to the fact that I never plan work outfits in advance and then have about 27 seconds flat of a morning to pull something together, in fairness.

Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

So, here's what I weared to work yesterday:

Attempting to break away from jeans... Day 1

Bit safe, I know, not exactly what you'd expect the super-cute San San to pop to the shops in, but we all have to start somewhere, ha?

Details, incase anyone gives a tiny rat's ass:
* Green knitted dress, Oasis (current stock)
* Boots, River Island (bought last Autumn)
* Black tights, Topshop
* Purple vest top, nicked from little sis's drawers

So now!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • At 7:58 pm, September 24, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lynnie - swit swoo - you look gorgeous! And to be honest you always look pretty damn good whenever I see you!

     
  • At 10:15 pm, September 24, 2008, Blogger Rachel@fairycakeheaven said…

    ooo I want I want I want this dress. SO getting it on payday!

    Howya mrs!

     
  • At 10:44 pm, September 24, 2008, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hee hee thanks Aphrodite! Oh and that's coz you only ever see me when I've spent a fortnight agonising over what to put on ;)

    Bonjour Rach, how's things? This would be lovely on you I think. Glad to see the site's back up and running btw, I was starting to get serious withdrawal symptoms from not seeing any of your lovely foodie goodies!!!

     
  • At 3:08 am, September 25, 2008, Blogger tina said…

    i like that dress! not sure if i could pull it off, but i might go try it on.

     
  • At 6:35 pm, September 25, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lynnie u look so pwetty!!!!!!! Gorgeous dress! Do you like those knitted slouchy berets(sp?!) Thinking one with little brooch/ bow/ flower decoration pinned onto it would look great with this!!
    Ooooh,and yes those ARE the shoes *swoons* Please please wear soon and post a pic:-)

     
  • At 4:26 pm, September 26, 2008, Blogger Unknown said…

    Aw thanks Purplegirl! I love the look of those berets alright but to be honest I wouldn't be able to pull it off, bah. Me and hats of any description just do *not* go together for some reason.

    I was actually going to wear The Shoes today but had my annual performance review so had to play it a bit safe with the auld outfit, you know yourself ;) Next week, my pretty!

     
  • At 11:54 am, September 29, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh that dress is perfect on you! I'm so envious that you have the figure for it. I

    'd love to be one of those fashion bloggers who posts pics of their outfits everyday but I think I'd need more clothes, more days when I make the effort and maybe to lose about 30 pounds before I'd be comfortable posting pics of myself online!

     
  • At 10:53 am, October 07, 2008, Blogger Anne-Marie said…

    fabulous dress and am loving the boots too!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails