Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Stupid no-shipping-to-Ireland internet shops...

Thursday, January 22, 2009   |   4 comments


'Silhouette' bedframe from Brocade Home

To horribly maim a classic quote: It is the best of things, it is the worst of things. I generally love Internet shopping - the convenience! The choice! The cheap prices if you don't get caught by the Customs lads! - but there is nothing guaranteed to cause your heart to sink into your boots quite so quickly as discovering that the online store who is the sole stockist of that *perfect* bed/dog harness/dress/ribbon/button/pair of glasses (I could go on, I've been burnt quite a few times) does not ship outside the contigious United States.

Yeh, yeh, I'm sure it's even worse if you're living in Alaska or Hawaii, whatever...

Yesterday, while having a Google of jacquard headboards, I stumbled across the online store of American company Brocade Home via a post on Apartment Therapy. They stock a bed base that is so close to being exactly what I want for our bedroom that I actually stopped breathing. That's it at the top of this post. When I saw that they offer it in white as well as black, I started to feel faint, which was when it occured to me that I should probably start breathing again. Prepared for a mahoosive price tag, because surely to God this was too good to be true, I involuntarily squeaked with delight when I saw that it was $299.

Excira and delira with my find, I toddled off to see how quickly they could get it to me... Ah. There's the rub. "Nope, sorry Lyndar, we are not shipping this lovely, ideal, you-want-it-so-bad-you-might-actually-cry bed to your country. If you want it that bad, we suggest that you move your ass to a real country like the 48-State America."

B*stards.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 3:27 pm, January 22, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nooo! How typical is that :( It's such a gorgeous bed, too. I actually have a brilliant (and extremely gorgeous) carpenter friend, who would be able to make you a completely custom made bed...only annoyance is he's in the UK. Shall I have a word with him for you?

     
  • At 3:37 pm, January 22, 2009, Blogger Unknown said…

    Official line: "Ah thanks pet but I'm sure Himself is more than qualified to replicate this bed. He did do woodwork for 3 years for the Junior Cert, you know."

    Unoffical line:"Ooooh! How fancy! Probably 'spensive, though? Had ruled out having one properly made by a craftsman (other than Himself, ehem) on account of funds."

     
  • At 12:08 pm, January 27, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    why don't you look into getting it shipped over? i know of a place in new york called lynch's. they're from woscommon originally. . i'm sure there are others that just might oblige. we've done it before and it's still worked out cheaper. we got a quad delivered to lynchs and they shipped it over.
    Townygirl

     
  • At 10:50 am, January 28, 2009, Blogger Unknown said…

    Towny, that is a very interesting ideer! Do you know if Lynch's have a website or would you have contact details for them, couldn't find them on Google?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails