Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Bumpity bump bump bump.

Monday, March 23, 2009   |   7 comments



I dunno what the hell it is about certain times of the year that brings out veritable hordes of pregnant women, but spring is one such time (wonders: what the hell was going on 9 months-ish ago?! And where do they hang out the rest of the time?) I can hardly move in work for pregnant chicks; I'm terrified there might be something in the water. Perfect excuse to not get anywhere near those 2 litres a day, ha?

While some of my work colleagues are only kilt helping compile lists of baby names ("Irish, but not too mad-sounding" seems to be a resounding theme - no Fuinneogs need apply, then), with one woman in particular insisting that she be summoned belly-side at the first sign of a kick ("I just love that feeling!" - sorry love, unless you the baby daddy that's just weird, yo), I'm wishing for simpler times when the hot topics of conversation were gorgeous shoes and new make-up trends, not tearing (yes, yes seriously) and creche fees.

I may have to slit my wrists with a rusty spoon if this goes on much longer, and it will - the girl in my office who's up the proverbial duff has another 8 weeks until her maternity leave starts.

Even The Wire, boxsets of which Himself is currently bet into, has a pregnant storyline. Escaping into the blogosphere's not providing much respite either - Nicole at Making It Lovely is busy baking too, and a recent commentor on her site advised that, at 37 weeks gone, she should really get cracking on a bellymask. Which is, as you'll see if you've the stomach (ho ho) to follow that link, pretty much what it says on the tin: a cast of the preggers female form.

Jesus H.

Where did I put me spoon?!

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 9:16 am, March 25, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    bleurgh!!! thankfully am spared all that sort of stuff at the moment. Actually even when my sister in law was pregnant last year I was only seeing her the odd weekend here and there so wasn't hearing too much about it. And anyway she had her mother and sisters to be sharing all the delightful details with. ;)

     
  • At 11:59 am, March 25, 2009, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hee hee Deise, glad it's not just me!

     
  • At 10:45 am, April 01, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    don't it drive you nuts. must the whole world be informed of every single teency development along the way. i've got your spoon!!!

    Townygirl xx

     
  • At 4:40 pm, April 03, 2009, Anonymous Pixie said…

    Oh god lynnie, I feel your pain!! Not only are two of my friends pregnant but so is my sister who I live with. I'm so tired of hearing about piles!! That and if I ask them to shut up about prego-related stuff, they react as if I just insulted them personally. Gah!! You just can't win I'm afraid!!

     
  • At 2:45 pm, April 05, 2009, Anonymous ShellBelle said…

    Tearing? Eugh!! If there was a list of gross things that should never be discussed in public that would be number 1.

     
  • At 2:19 pm, April 09, 2009, Blogger Ola said…

    Oh, Lynnie, I feel your pain... Wherever I go, wherever I turn, there is a pregnant woman, or someone with a young kid (not a fan of those) talking about pregnancy/kids/tearing/crying/delivery/morning sickness/and so on, so on, so on...
    The worst part? My boyfriend's three brothers all have kids, some of them more than one, and their wives and girlfriends NEVER talk about anything else.
    Need I say we're not very close?

     
  • At 3:37 pm, April 09, 2009, Anonymous Fiona said…

    What with Roisin waiting for twins, not to mention all the bumps in my circle, I can totally relate, m'lady. And let me say, for the record, if I am ever up the Damien, it does not mean any Tom, Dick or Harriet gets to feel my bellie. As for tearing - I just read it as tear-ing (y'know, like tearing up and all) and didn't get so bothered until it suddenly, horrifyingly dawned on me. Yegods.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails