Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Save The Date: Your nearest H&M, 14/11/2009

Wednesday, June 17, 2009   |   2 comments


choo

Set your phasers to Oh. Mi. Gaw!

H&M's next designer collaboration will be with - swoon - Jimmy Choo! They'll be designing a line of shoes (of course), bags, and accessories for the girls (ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah) and the boys (ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah) and the strings as well as a womenswear clothing collection.

Now, I know people go mental for them, but personally I think that H&M's designer collaborations to date have been decidedly hit 'n' miss. Well, mostly miss as far as I'm concerned: I don't think there's been any piece that I've seen and thought "Wantsies!", regardless of how much they're raved about in the glossies. Any of the stuff I've checked out has struck me as very, well, cheap-y looking. And I know it's H&M, but I've quite a few bits from H&M's own collections and I do think that the designer designed clobber is of inferior quality compared to them. However, I've great faith in Tamara Mellon and really don't think she'll put the Jimmy Choo name to any product that's sub-par.


See you in the queue on the 14th of November...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 11:23 am, July 03, 2009, Anonymous Dawnie said…

    Lynnie, I heard that they weren't going on sale in Irish stores!!!!! I swear! I live abroad so indulged nicely in the Matthew Williamson collection , simply because it was so summery and purty and CANNOT WAIT for the Choo bonanza (my credit card can certainly wait however) but maybe what I read was incorrect? Maybe someone else will know for sure?

     
  • At 12:03 pm, July 03, 2009, Blogger Unknown said…

    Eeek Dawnie!!! I sincerely hope that's just a vicious rumour... probably put about by some boyfriend who doesn't want his missus getting any more shoes, don't you know ;)

    Anyway I was so shaken by the news that I got on the blower to Claire, one of the very nice girls in the H&M press office. She told me that they actually don't have any details yet of which stores will be carrying the collection and the list won't be finalised until nearer the release date, but she said she fully expects that at the very least one Irish store will have the Choos.

    Will be keeping everything crossed in the meantime!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails