Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

What a corker...

Friday, July 17, 2009   |   2 comments


I'm an absolute terror for ripping things out of magazines.

Must-try recipes, decorating ideas, make-up looks, cleaning tips, gardening how-tos, oooh-lovely
clothes & accessories: nothing is safe from my tearing talons.

I always have BIG plans for organising this stash of miscellaneous clippings, and have put some of them into practice. I have one big scrapbook full of house-y stuff, and another (bigger - too big to fit in the flipping bookcase, d'oh) one that's about half full. However, I also have plastic folders crammed to bursting point with lots and lots of other bits and bobs. They're stashed in a pile about a foot high that's only getting taller, and really needs to be gone through toot sweet.

When IKEA opens in Dublin on 27th July, I plan to get kitted out with some gear to at least get the recipes organised. My plan is to pick up this cheap-o corkboard:

It's £2.73 in their UK stores, so hopefully they won't try to take the mick and charge a tenner for it here.

We'll see.

Once I've gotten lots of change back out of my five Euro note, I'm going to take it home and carve it up into three sections, each 21cm wide. Then, I'm going to whack them up inside the door of one of the kitchen presses, pin my recipe cut-outs to them, and reduce my clippings pile by, oooooh, about ½ a millimetre.

But sure every little helps. And maybe if I can actually see the flippin' recipes in front of my face every time I open the press, I might be reminded to cook something printed on them.

That's a plan shamelessly ripped off from the Petersik's kitchen (yoink!) and hopefully when I'm through, the inside my cupboard door will look as neat 'n' tidy as theirs:



Yeh, I know.

We'll see about that too!


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:35 am, August 16, 2009, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oh, what a genius idea! I'm going to attempt to imitate that tomorrow morning that when I get up. Since my kitchen is quite small, it will really help save some space. Thanks!

     
  • At 5:15 pm, August 28, 2009, Blogger deisegal said…

    I'm obsessed with organising recipes and the like...at the moment I've managed to pare my recipes down to a lever arch file but will have to come up with something more satisfactory at some stage in the future. I also haven't got enough room for all my cookbooks (boo!) and I've just ordered another one, a vegan one no less and I'm not even a vegetarian..! I like the style of my kitchen but the cupboard space is woeful so I have to wait a decent amount of time before putting in a new one (I have the room to put more cupboards in but I just can't justify extending at this early stage!). A lot of women have "wedding files" but I'm seriously considering starting a "kitchen file" to keep track of all the things I want to put in :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails