Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

A little weekend spending spree

Monday, October 12, 2009   |   3 comments


I've had a bit of a goo on me for a shopping trip for the last couple of weeks, so I decided to hit up Penneys on Saturday.

Last of the big spenders, hah?

The haul included:
> pair of leopard print ballet flats (I'm slightly addicted to these and always have a pair on standby)
> grey v-neck hip-length cardi with silver sequin detail on the shoulders
> navy boyfriend cardi with 3/4 length sleeves
> pair of long black leggings (shinier at home than they looked in the shop, hmm!) with flat stud detail around the ankle
> brocade scarf in a sage and mustard colourway - less revolting than it sounds
> some C******** decorations (yes, yes, I know, but if you've been here before you surely know by know I have a soft spot for lickle birdies)

DSC00457
(Oooh, atmospheric ye olde worlde photee effect... um, ee.)

We also stopped into Thornby Hall, which is an interiors shop in Toughers Business Park between Naas and Newbridge, and two mirrored wall sconces and a birdcage mirror were there purchased with the swiftness.

Well, actually they were purchased with the slowness as I dithered for Ireland, but sure at least I got house shopping and clothes shopping out of my system in the one day!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 1:46 pm, October 13, 2009, Blogger xgirl said…

    Oooh, me likey the sound of the sequined (sequinned?) cardi - I must have overlooked that one on my recent quick spin around Penneys in Dundrum...

     
  • At 3:17 pm, October 13, 2009, Blogger Unknown said…

    Yep, tis nice alright xgirl! I've decided it's the poifect way to channel the shoulder-conscious thing that's going on at the moment without looking like I raided Mam's wardrobe circa 1984 ;)

     
  • At 4:48 pm, October 16, 2009, Blogger deisegal said…

    Aww I love birdies but I hate Christmas, what's a gal to do bah humbug!

    I do love a good rampage through Penneys now and again but I have to stay away for the time being as my credit card/bank balance are v ill. Then again, I can't wear leggings and I don't do sequins so judging by the quick scoot I did through the O Connell Street branch yesterday (on the offchance they'd have bog standard trousers in stock) my wallet will be staying in its pocket for a while.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails