Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Office update.

Thursday, November 12, 2009   |   4 comments


Well, the IKEA Fintorp table legs have been painted. It took five (yes, really - I counted every frickin' one) coats of satin white paint atop a metal primer to take them from this:


... to this:

DSC00497

Whiter in real life than they look here.

I had intended to spray paint these bad boys for the ultimate finish, but it wasn't until after I tried to apply my first coat of Rustoleum All-In-One Universal in the garden that I realised outdoor projects + Irish November weather is not a winning combination. Man, I wish we'd a garage. Ultimately, I primed the legs with International's Multi Surface Primer (good for ferrous and non-ferrous metals and heaps of other stuff) and topped them off with five coats of satin finish Dulux Easycare Satinwood for Wood & Metal, which was the only metal paint I could find in Homebase that was water soluble.

Luckily, I quite enjoy bitesize painting projects - as long as they involve a just-rinse-out-yer-brush-in-the-sink paint - so apart from being time consuming this wasn't too much of a pain in the arse of a job, and only the very eagle of eye would spot any of the few, very fine brushstrokes.

Love Harris' Finesse brushes.

(Oh, and realise how odd it is for me to actually know the name of and publicly declare my love for a paintbrush.)

Anyways, I think that I am going to have a pretty awesome desk when these boyos get hooked up to my white satin finish desk top over the weekend.

My project to take a worn-out bedside locker and transform it into a hot pink mini filing cabinet is going a little less swimmingly. It started out looking something like this:

DSCN6772

... and has since been sanded and primed in preparation for its fuchia facelift:

DSC00498

Today, after I'd gathered together the necessities like a Stanley knife and a mini wallpaper roller and a tub of Mod Podge Hard Coat for decoupaging onto furniture, I finally got around to measuring up the wrapping paper I'd intended to use for this project. This is a not too great photo of it:

DSC00495

Needless to say, I don't have nearly enough of it - about a third of the amount I'd need. And since it was bought in January to wrap my birthday present, I'm not holding out too much hope of Himself remembering where it was procured, let alone being able to get some more of it.

Flip's sake...

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails