Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Better late than never. Or something.

Tuesday, January 05, 2010   |   4 comments



I was catching up with Jen's blog earlier today after my self-imposed Christmas internet hiatus when I came across some real "Now why didn't I think of that?!" stuff.

You see, over the course of the festive season, while I didn't exactly become a full-blown domestic goddess, I did do some baking.

I made my own mincemeat.

I made Himself carrot cake muffins for his birthday.

I made my own mince pies. (Some were star-topped, so the mince sort of oozed through. Some had full-coverage lids. They were all yum.)

And, er, that was about the height of it.

The biggest problem I had, after trying to decide if Himself was just blinded by love when he declared that the edibles he was given to test were fit for public consumption, was transporting the feckin' things. I actually had nothing to put them in. But this evening I discovered that, rather than just wrapping tin foil around baking trays when I was bringing the goodies over to the in-laws (for shame!), I could totally have dickied up a Pringles tube for the mince pies and either a Crunchy Nut Cornflake or Alpen No-Added Sugar box (the cereals of choice in our gaff) for the carrot cake muffins.

Sigh.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 12:07 am, January 06, 2010, Anonymous himself said…

    you also made your sig. chocolate fondants with gooey centres http://lyndarthemerciless.blogspot.com/2008_01_01_archive.html and my favourite blue cheese and pear tartlets with red pepper creme starter, so you did become a full-blown domestic goddess. thank you x

     
  • At 12:21 am, January 06, 2010, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oh yeh, that's true!

    Seriously, the forgetfulness that this impending seniority is bringing with it is *very* uncool.

    PS - could you not spell Roquefort? ;)

     
  • At 8:39 pm, January 06, 2010, Blogger deisegal said…

    Crunchy Nut Cornflakes are like the crack cocaine of the cereal world for me..

    Then again I've never actually tried crack cocaine.....I think I'd just stick with the crunchy nut cornflakes anyway.

    I really pounced on the most important part of your post did I not...

     
  • At 2:28 pm, January 07, 2010, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ha ha Deise yes you did!

    Mmm... Cruuuunnchy Nuuuutttt Cooorrrnnflaaaaakes...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails