Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Is it really only Tuesday?

Tuesday, January 19, 2010   |   0 comments



It's been a long couple of days.

I mislaid my phone on Friday night and so far there is no sign of it. It's like it has shagged off to that place where odd socks go to hide from their mates. (I have a bit of a phobia about mismatched socks.) The house and car have been turned upside down, and while there's no sign of the phonóg I have found a lollipop stick, assorted dust and crumbs, a pair of broken sunglasses, a ring, and the grand sum of €1.47 in change. St. Anthony has been asked for assistance - I'm hoping he'll oblige because I've promised to settle that old outstanding debt with him if he comes through for me. The green bin is the next port of call, but I've been putting that off all day because (a) it's really windy and I don't much fancy running around the estate trying to gather up blown away bits of paper and loo roll inserts, and (b)
it's really windy and I don't much fancy being cold.

I rely on my mobile for chats, and since we've no landline and Himself is in the UK for work it's been very, very quiet around here. I would have collared the postman for a good chinwag about the weather if I'd seen him, and am considering pretending that I need milk or something just so that I can go to the shop around the corner to say hello and be asked for the money to cover the cost of my goods and say thanks.

Heady stuff.

Instead, I'm making raspberry and blueberry sorbet, attempting to sort out my car insurance, and trying to ignore a little voice in my head that's telling me to get my act together pronto.

Sure how can I possibly get my act together without a phone?!


Raspberry & Blueberry Sorbet - serves 4
(a "Rachel's Food For Living" recipe)

Ingredients
125g each of raspberries & blueberries
Juice of 1 large lemon
60ml stock syrup*

Method
Liquidise all the ingredients, push through a sieve to strain.

Pour the sorbet mix into a bowl, cover, and stick in the freezer. After 2 hours, take the bowl out and whisk, pop back in freezer.

Or, for complete fecking eejits like me: After 2 hours, take the bowl out, realise that you never strained out the pips, swear a lot, push the mix through a sieve to strain and go back to square one as regards freezing.

Repeat 2 hours later and add one slightly whisked egg white.


* Per the buke, I made 150ml of stock syrup (a.k.a. simple syrup, bar syrup and sugar syrup - so now you know) by putting 200g of caster sugar and 200ml water in a pan, bringing slowly to the boil while stirring to dissolve the sugar, and then boiling for 2 minutes. Set aside to cool before using - I'm keeping the extra in the fridge in a jam jar (minus the jam) for future foodie adventures. It's good for margaritas and the like too - yum.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails