Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Normal service will resume shortly.

Monday, February 15, 2010   |   12 comments


I've been taking a bit of time out from posting here as my Granny passed away last Wednesday.

I spent almost every weekend and all of the summer holidays staying with her in Wexford when I was growing up, listening to Radio 1 and drinking oceans of tea and making teeny tiny mouthful-sized mini loaves of the best brown bread ever from the dough left over from the full-sized versions she was baking.

Imagine the best soda bread you've ever tasted... and now imagine it a thousand times more delicious. Well, that's getting somewhere close to how good Granny's stuff was.

She taught me to write - I still remember making armies of swans on paper for the number 2 - and to ride a bicycle and countless other things I didn't fully appreciate at the time.

I'll be remembering them all while having lots of tea and wishing she was here to put manners on the dog.

Forget that Cesar Milan fella. She'd have left him in the ha'penny place.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails