Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

M&S do lovely sink unit, suck at conversions.

Monday, March 08, 2010   |   4 comments



Isn't this snazzy? This mirrored bathroom vanity unit will set you back £599 from Marks & Spencer.

Assuming you're a UK, paying-in-Sterling customer, obviously.

If you're living in Ireland and thinking that this would look very nice indeedy in your smallest room, well, it'll set you back €809 Eurobux.

Even with my pass Leaving Cert. maths, it didn't take me long to figure out that £599 ≠ €809.

Xe.com tell me that £599 = about €662 today. Are Marks & Sparks - who offer free delivery on furniture orders from their website but only to UK addresses - seriously suggesting that it costs them the guts of an extra €150 quid per unit to sell these in Ireland?!

Yeh. Exchange rate FAIL, lads.


Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 10:25 pm, March 08, 2010, Anonymous Lee said…

    Nothing bugs me more, why the hell should we pay so much more over the odds & everyone wonders why we go up North to shop. I hope M&S cope on soon, they have lovely stuff but we all need to look after our pennies at the mo

     
  • At 12:21 pm, March 09, 2010, Blogger Unknown said…

    I hope they do too Lee!

    What's particularly annoying about this is that their furniture is only available for home delivery... but they won't deliver anything to "Eire" from the website. So it looks like there's no way around paying over the odds instore for furniture.

    Boo!

     
  • At 12:51 pm, February 05, 2011, Blogger deisegal said…

    I know this is an old post but grrr M&S are still on my hitlist. I will just about part with the odd tenner for some nice groceries but even then I feel like I'm being extravagant and "splashing out" on a packet of tomatoes. I used to go around the shoe section peeling back the price label but the sterling price is often better hidden or removed completely Ridiculous shop.

     
  • At 1:22 am, February 11, 2011, Blogger Unknown said…

    Yeh Deise I totally agree. Am noticing the mark-ups even more now that I'm actually getting to see the Sterling price of stuff, some of the differences are just outrageous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails