Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

I am cool. Mammy - and now Apartment Therapy - sez so.

Wednesday, April 07, 2010   |   4 comments



These are our pebble-stylee salt and pepper shakers from US store CB2, which were featured on Apartment Therapy last week.

Not our *actual* salt and pepper shakers, now, but you know what I mean.

I picked up a set of these get-yer-rocks-off bad boys in New York more than 2 years ago. Himself had sprung a surprise trip to The Big Apple on me for my Christmas-and-birthday present (I felt like all my Christmases and birthdays had come together. Best Present Ever) and I was determined to bring something from CB2's SoHo store home with me.

Me and CB2 go way back, y'see. When Himself and I lived in Chicago (admittedly only for 5 months on the J1 in the summer of 2004, but still) a brand new branch of the store opened close to where we were living in the RANCH Triangle area of Lincoln Park. 


Our Chicago apartment building

While I never actually bought anything there, seeing the CB2 logo always reminds me of our time in Chicago and I just got sucked into the SoHo branch when we were walking past. I couldn't help it.

Who'da thunk I was so ahead of the curve with what was, ironically enough, a nostalgia purchase? Trendpotter extraordinaire, so I am.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 1:05 pm, April 07, 2010, Blogger Adventures in Veg said…

    I went to Chicago on a J1 in 2003, so this made me smile - I lived on North Sheffield & Armitage. Not a million miles away from ye! LOVE Chicago, can't wait to go back.
    Super cute shakers too!

     
  • At 5:26 pm, April 07, 2010, Blogger Unknown said…

    Arragh sure we were just around the corner from your gaff - West Wisconsin & Fremont! I actually have my glass from Kincade's here on the table beside me :D

     
  • At 10:59 pm, April 10, 2010, Blogger Adventures in Veg said…

    Kincaid's! That's gas - we were all underage when we were there so I never got to go...what a dose! I used to work on State & Lake so I'd get the El from the Armitage stop every day. Loved Chicago!! What a city. Have ye gone back since?

     
  • At 8:50 pm, April 11, 2010, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ah no way! We were of age but it seemed to take fecking ages for our state IDs to come through.

    We worked for the Chicago Trolley Company so used to get the red line El from North & Clybourn to 47th on the company's HQ on the south side most mornings... Haven't been back yet but I really have a serious soft spot for Chicago & it's definitely on my to do list :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails