Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

I can haz summer now, yes?

Tuesday, April 13, 2010   |   2 comments


I know, I know. One swallow doesn't make a summer. Cast ne'er a clout til May be out. But the weather has been so incredibly gorgeous for the last couple of days that I can't help but get a bit giddy about it and, er, eyeball nice outdoors-y things.

I have a couple of these cream Moroccan-stylee lanterns dotted around the gravel border that cast fab intricate shadows across the back garden when lit at night, and since my solar powered LEDs for the trees have given up the ghost I'm thinking a few lads like these would look fairly sweet strung up in the branches:



Later on in the summer when the flowers have gone off the trees, they could do double duty as mini hanging vases like these during the day:


Wouldn't this mirrored agapanthus from Susan Bradley look fab in a courtyard garden?


Sadly, this pink parasol suits neither my cream and green garden furniture nor my wallet with its £165 price tag, but it is oh so pretty and The Indian Garden Company are offering free EU-wide delivery for a limited time if you're feeling flush:


Or maybe sail shades are more your thing?


Not sure how comfortable slatted metal folding chairs would be In Real Life, but I just love these French bistro sets:


Considering the fence needs to be stained this year, a large number of our plants didn't survive the winter, and the grass is in ribbons courtesy of the dog tearing it to shreds, I may be getting just a little bit ahead of myself looking at nice garden accessories.

Now, where's me secateurs?




Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 11:18 pm, April 13, 2010, Blogger Aoife - Babaduck said…

    Have you seen the little lanterns Ikea do? I have a load of them in cream & they're gorgeous.
    http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/30122986

    M&S are carrying the coloured bistro furniture... I'd say you might need cushions for the bum though!

     
  • At 12:44 am, April 15, 2010, Blogger Unknown said…

    Mam got some of those wee lanterns the last time she was in Ikea, might have to procure some myself on my next visit! Trying to be very green & fashion my own at the minute from mini jars & whatnot that should really be sent to the bottle bank... er, we'll see how that goes ;)

    Oh, cushions would be a must. Even though we don't really have the climate for it, in my head outdoor furniture is all about lounging around drinking cocktails while the sun sets, so maybe I should give just up on the bistro furniture. Looks like it'd be easy to fall off of after a mojito or five!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails