Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Become a shoe designer at BT2! (Kinda.)

Thursday, June 10, 2010   |   2 comments



I've been thinking about what I'd like to be when I grow up for more than 20 years now, so you'd think at this stage I'd have (a) grown up, and (b) come up with something a bit more concrete than "happy", wouldn't you?

Anyway, somewhere between wondering about being a lady farmer (age 5), a pilot, and a vet (age 18), I thought that I might quite like to be a shoe designer. None of the former quite panned out for me (bit afraid of cows' arses, flying, and needles, as it turns out) but it looks like I might yet get a shot at creating my own perfect footwear. Well, my own perfect pair of flip-flops, at any rate.

BT2 Grafton Street have just kicked off (ho ho) their 'Make Your Own Havaianas' service, where the discerning flip-flop wearer can choose from more than 100 combinations of straps and soles and 25 strap decorations (including some blingy Swarovski ones, which of course piqued my interest) to create and customise their own unique pair of Havaianas. Swit swoo. I have several pairs of these myself because they're the closest thing I can get to the ridiculously comfy flip-flops of my youth that came from Funges in Gorey, and I am a hoo-er for the ol' customising, so I reckon I'll be swinging by the next time I'm in town to have a goo at this set up.



Prices start from €25 which seems expensive to me, but then I can't actually remember how much the last pair of Havaianas I bought were. Hey, at least it'd get footwear creater extraordinaire off my career list...

Pics via Havaianas and BT2

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 12:09 pm, June 11, 2010, Anonymous Deni-o said…

    I could also tick this off my list of things to do before I'm 30. To be honest I'm really not working my way through that list and that would be a cool one to do. Much safer option than sky dive without a helmet

     
  • At 5:42 pm, June 14, 2010, Blogger Unknown said…

    Deni-o, I'm thinking about changing my "things to do before I'm 30" list to a "things to do before I'm 40" list, or even a "maybe possibly do someday" list. Would take the pressure right off ;)

    Sky dive... you mentalist!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails