Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

A Spot of Summer Shopping

Sunday, June 27, 2010   |   3 comments


Although I very much like mooching around the shops, I very rarely actually buy clothes.

However, with holidays and Himself's sister's wedding on the horizon and some vouchers burning a hole in my pocket, the last couple of weeks have been the exception to the rule.

First things first: I found a frock for the wedding!


River Island

It's about a gazillion times nicer In Real Life than in that photo, now. The material's beeyorriful: really gorgeous gold shimmery detail on a non-shimmery peachy pink background. Oh, and it's quite a bit longer on me than on this bird! The hemline falls just above my knees. 

I'm going to see if I can have the straps removed - the top is boned so hopefully it'll be possible to wear it as a bandeau dress. 

A couple of sundresses have come home with me recently also...

L-R: AX Paris @ New Look, River Island, New Look

... together with a bird-print skirt that's not quite Miu Miu, but it'll have to do do...
River Island

... and an embellished white top that's lovely with jeans.

New Look

Accessories-wise, my collection of straw hats and flower rings has been expanded.

L-R: Accessorize, River Island

Although it's only for festivals and journeys in convertibles, I'm not convinced that the cowboy hat doesn't make me look like an eejit. If I can find a trilby that fits me properly it'll be a bring back, I think.

Last but not least, Himself is hopefully going to pick up this dress for me tomorrow...

River Island

And yes - it is far better looking in person!


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails