Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Talon-tastic Thursday: Navy glitzy bitz

Thursday, September 23, 2010   |   0 comments


Indoors, no artificial light, no flash

Outdoors, sunlight, no flash

I'd only had it on for a couple of hours when I decided Sephora by O.P.I. Opening Night needed a kick of glitter up the arse. This is two coats of it layered underneath a topcoat of Nina Ultra Pro Purple-xing, both of which I hauled home from the States.

In the bottle, Opening Night is a shimmery midnight navy that looks kinda like an amped up version of Chanel Blue Satin. Blue Satin is a firm favourite of mine, but I do fervently wish that the glitter wasn't quite so hidden. I get that it's Chanel and ladylike and understated blah blah blah, but if the shimmer was more obvious I might never wear anything else.

(Well. Might.)

On the nails, though, the shimmer in Opening Night gets a bit lost, making it look simply metallic, and to my eye it also looks quite blue rather than decidedly navy. Blub.

Nina Ultra Pro Purple-xing, meanwhile, is a purple jelly with holographic shimmer and glitter. It's goes on evenly and is very sheer, which makes it good for layering as it doesn't alter the base colour too much.

Actually, Purple-xing is fully deserving of its own dedicated post. I'll organise that shortly so you can fall in love with it too ;)



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails