Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Talon-tastic Thursday: A DIY duochrome

Thursday, November 25, 2010   |   3 comments



What's better than a bottle of glittery nail varnish?

Why, TWO bottles of glittery nail varnish!

What we have here, ladies and gents, is a manicure that has eluded accurate capture with my camera lens. This blurry shot was the closest approximation I could get to how it looks in person, and fails to do justice to its true awesomeness. There's a great depth to it, and it's really darker and moodier than it appears here. I think (a) it would make a nice change to all the bog standard red/gold/silver paint jobs that will no doubt be doing the rounds next month, and (b) I am TOTALLY wearing this some Halloween when I eventually get to dress up as Probably My Favourite Baddie EVA, Maleficent.


I carefully layered a thin, sheer coat of Essence Choose Me! over two coats of GOSH Gasoline to allow the purple glitter of Gasoline to peep through. The result is a gorgeous, super shimmery duochrome effect that is nowhere near as blue as it looks on camera and at once flashes green and purple. 

Love.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails