Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Tamara Mellon, would you ever ChUGG off.

Tuesday, November 02, 2010   |   7 comments


I am in bad need of a sensible pair of walkable-innable winter boots to replace my fake UGGS, but I would have to be blind or drunk or both simultaneously for these abominations to feature on my shortlist.

source: NET-A-PORTER

They might look like something you'd expect to pull out of the bottom of a bargain bin in Heatons, but actually they're the result of a collaboration between UGG and Jimmy Choo.

Not since your woman Ciara started wearing Irregular Choice shoes on The Apprentice have I been so put off a brand.

I think it's fantastically ironic that these boots have been dubbed "ChUGGS" since that's exactly what I wanted to do when I saw them first. If they don't make you lose your breakfast, you'll find them exclusively at the Jimmy Choo boutique in Brown Thomas' Shoe Rooms where prices start from €495. Best get your skates on if you fancy a pair, though, as they're a limited collection.

Thank God for small mercies.


Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 12:35 pm, November 02, 2010, Blogger Anne-Marie said…

    agreed Lynnie - they are vom - cant get over the price of them.

     
  • At 12:50 pm, November 02, 2010, Blogger English Mum said…

    Absolutely agree. I saw the studded ones in a magazine advert and thought WTF?

     
  • At 12:55 pm, November 02, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    bleeeuugggggh. in summary.

    fashion victim written all over them.

     
  • At 12:56 pm, November 02, 2010, Anonymous roxette said…

    Am hearting the leoperd print lol but thats because Liz off corrie is my style icon :lol:
    Anyway im sure id pick up a pair in Pennys for about 1 milllllion euro cheaper!

     
  • At 1:44 pm, November 02, 2010, Anonymous TheGlutton said…

    Oh these really are the most UGGly boots I have ever seen. Disgusting. Surprised at Choo.

     
  • At 1:16 pm, November 04, 2010, Blogger Unknown said…

    Glad it's not just me! It's wrecking my head that so many mags and fashion blogs are falling all over themselves about how fabulous dahling these boots are.

    I can fully appreciate individual style but can we not just call a spade a spade when something is properly hideous?

     
  • At 9:05 pm, November 04, 2010, Anonymous Hermione said…

    Couldn't agree more with you. I can't understand how something so hideous can be so expensive and so popular!

    I know a girl who paid €530 for the studded ones. She think she's the bee's knees in them :roll: A triumph of money over taste imo.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails