Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Of green, white and gold.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011   |   2 comments

I cannot for the life of me understand the Union Jack as design icon. I see the original incarnation popping up every so often on doormats and in various pink and pastel colourways on soft furnishings, but I just don't see the aesthetic appeal.

Anyway. The Irish tricolour doesn't usually come in for the same kind of love from the creative community. Prada, however, have bucked the trend and saw fit to pay homage to the national flag/Offaly hurling team with these in their SS11 collection.


I'm not going to be running out to buy a pair anytime soon, but still. Nice to see the flag/Offaly gettin' some love, yo.


Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails