Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Ben de Lisi's canine lamp: the dog's danglies or bullology?

Wednesday, March 16, 2011   |   0 comments



I can't quite make up my mind about this French bulldog lamp by Ben de Lisi for Debenhams (€56).

On one hand, it's got a decidedly Abigail Aherne/Jonathan Adler-esque feel, but without the price tag associated with either of those designers.


On the other, I don't think the lovely idea of turning de Lisi's pet Ella into a lamp has been perfectly executed. The shade sits a little too high, exposing way too much of its silver stand for my tastes, and the base is seriously super shiny, which looks a bit cheap-y, although I'm told she's a proper stunna In Real Life. 


Still, there's no getting away from the fact that the eyes look a little strange. I bet she could bend you to her will no bother.

What do you reckon? Love it or leave it?


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails