Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Talon-tastic Thursday: Something for the weekend.

Thursday, April 21, 2011   |   7 comments



OMG BUNNY NAILZ!!!

Ehem. These sweet pastel rabbit tips would be perfect for the weekend that's in it, and I reckon they shouldn't be too difficult to DIY, even if you don't have any nail art tools at your disposal.

How to: OMG BUNNY NAILZ!!!

1. Taking care not to overload the brush of your chosen nail polish, do the slightly rounded outline of the head first and fill in.

2a. Use one brush stroke per ear. Remove excess polish from the tip of the brush by cleaning it on the inside of the neck of the nail polish bottle as you draw it out. This should also slightly flatten the tip of the brush, and you can use the "corner" at the flattened tip for extra control.

2b. Work from the tip of the ear back to the head so most of the polish on the brush is distributed at the tip; this will help give a tapered effect.

3. For the white ear insert, repeat 2a above with a white polish. Simples!

4. For the eyes, repeat 2a above with a black (or brown, or dark grey) polish, but this time use the long, flat edge of the flattened brush to create the eye lines.

5. Finish with a clear topcoat - Seche Vite or Sally Hansen Insta-Dri are my favourite fast-dry versions.


{image source: jennyyourworld}

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • At 6:46 pm, April 21, 2011, Anonymous Shoezanne said…

    These are the cutest nails I've ever seen, they're just adorable. I'll have to give it a try on Saturday if I've time :)

     
  • At 9:13 pm, April 21, 2011, Blogger Jenny said…

    oh wow these are just fab, and too cute..i love them

     
  • At 10:41 pm, April 21, 2011, Blogger Dee said…

    Omg hyperventilating over these!

     
  • At 11:58 pm, April 21, 2011, Blogger itsnevertoolatetolearn said…

    Brilliant, pure easter buzz.... must try this... altho the finer details nearly always catch me :(

     
  • At 2:42 pm, April 24, 2011, Blogger Breige said…

    Oh wow, these are just too cute!

     
  • At 8:10 pm, April 27, 2011, Blogger Maria said…

    So cute can't wait to try this later.!!

    I got some of the Nails Supreme pens on Amazon and have have had some very um, interesting attempts to copy your designs Lynnie as well as making up some of my own. Was looking at getting a few nail brushes (anything to help me draw a straight line!! :)) do you have any recommendations or do you think they are all much the same for a beginner??

    Thnaks for any advice. Love the blog. :)

     
  • At 9:49 pm, May 06, 2011, Blogger Unknown said…

    I tend not to use brushes that much so prob not the best person to advise, but I do think it's much of a muchness when starting off :) I'd definitely go with cheap 'n' cheerful.

    I see BornPrettyStore being recommended a lot on forums and other blogs, although I haven't tried them myself and think shipping might take a while (from Hong Kong.)

    Let me know how you get on x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails