Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

How Pinteresting.

Friday, July 08, 2011   |   2 comments


Pinterest is my new favourite thing. It's an online bookmarking tool that allows users to create visual reminders of all the inspirational or just plain neat stuff they come across on the web. The whole operation is really nicely executed, from the guide on pinning etiquette (which includes reminders to credit sources properly) to the clutter-free layout. 

As someone who has notebooks full of lists and reminders, files and scrapbooks overflowing with magazine tear sheets and clippings, and a bookmarks folder that would take days to get through, Pinterest is totally my kind of party. 

I use it to keep track of all sorts of things that I find in my Internet travels:






Pinterest is currently invitation only, which put me off applying to join for ages: I figured the wait for an invite would be insane. However, it only took a few days for me to receive my golden ticket invitation, so it's really well worth putting your name on the list. You can do so here, but be aware that it's highly addictive and you may have difficulty getting a tap of work done ever again.

So consider yourself forewarned. Oh, and happy pinning!


2 Comments:

  • At 5:48 pm, July 08, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i love your blog and like you have become totally addicted to PINTEREST! ARGH! is sooooooo bad...but soooooooooooooooooooooo GOOD! i love it...my record is 234 pins to one board in an hour...argh...i need help...

     
  • At 8:24 pm, July 08, 2011, Anonymous Cal said…

    Thanks so much for linking to Pinterest - I've been wishing for a site that would do exactly this for ages, so I'm really excited that it exists! Plus my invitation arrived within 20 minutes - wooo!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails