Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Talon-tastic Thursday: It's Graphite, Jim, but not as we know it.

Thursday, September 08, 2011   |   6 comments

Chanel Graphite is a very nice silver polish that glitters in the sun in a most enchanting fashion, but I'll be honest with you: I'm just not convinced that it's all that unique. 

When photos of it began surfacing in March, I mentioned on Beaut.ie that I thought Andrea Fulerton Mischa would be an eminently passable substitute, and now that I've had a chance to compare them side by side I can confirm that they're extraordinarily similar. 

Yes, Mischa is a bit darker, composed of slightly larger particles, and has some blue and purple leanings - Graphite is a cleaner silver, shot through with gold - but even a very slow horse with a serious interest in duping Chanel polishes wouldn't notice the difference. 

While stablemate Peridot lasted on my nails for several days without any embellishment and was only removed when it had chipped to the point of being unwearable, Graphite stumbled within hours. After just one day of wear, I was properly bored with it, so out came the white nail art pen and on went the absolute hottest fashion print of the season: stars!


Stars were my doodle of preference when I was at school so I'm happy to see them making a comeback. I'm also almost certain that I used to draw them on my bare nails as well as any scrap of paper that came my way, so this was all very sunrise, sunset.

Then Karl the Bear randomly popped into my head, and I decided to try an accent thumb.



Nowhere near perfect (and a touch more smiley than either Karl or his bear) but how cute is that?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 7:17 pm, September 08, 2011, Blogger Nailish Ramblings said…

    Ah lynnie if I did that it would look like much, so jealous. I'm also jealous of your lovely pink locks too!

     
  • At 9:28 pm, September 08, 2011, Blogger Sue Jordan said…

    Loooooove these!

    Your accent nail is always so well done.

    Have been pondering the nail art possibilities of Graphite for the past week - may have an idea.

    Also did a guest post on Peridot Peacock, the duochrome colours are perfick (says me) ;)

     
  • At 12:20 am, September 09, 2011, Anonymous Kirstie said…

    OMG!!!!! OMGAMAZING! someone needs to start paying you TONS for this stuff, fantastic. I have Mischa somewhere too, must root it out.

     
  • At 12:30 am, September 09, 2011, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thanks laydeez!

     
  • At 4:32 pm, September 09, 2011, Blogger Unknown said…

    You see nail art reminds me of the time madonna was into henna and I decided to give it a go myself... I made a bags of it and looked like I had the plague.. I think with nail art I would look like I had a fungal nail infection

     
  • At 12:03 am, September 16, 2011, Blogger Unknown said…

    Actionmags - ha ha I totally went through that Madonna-inspired henna phase too! We had to use eyeliner for fecking ages to do it until we figured out where to buy henna ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails