Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Talon-tastic Thursday: The 12 Nails Of Christmas

Thursday, January 12, 2012   |   8 comments


We spent a brilliant couple of weeks at home in Ireland over Christmas and the New Year, and between trying to squeeze in visits to all our relatives and friends and spending quite a bit of time in the back arse of nowhere and going out every night bar two (my liver, groan!) it ended up being a bit of an Internet-free zone.

It wasn't a nail polish free zone, though. Oh no.

Here are some snapshots of 12 of the manicures I sported over the festive season (well, 11, technically. One is actually Himself's.)


 
 
 
 
 
 

Welcome to all my new followers and huge thanks to the existing crew for your continued support. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza/winter solstice and here's to a brilliant 2012 x

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • At 3:56 pm, January 12, 2012, Blogger Sarah said…

    I'm always so jealous of your nail skills Lynnie! I love the Christmas pudding. I also would like my nails to be that shape please!

    x

     
  • At 4:43 pm, January 12, 2012, Anonymous Emma said…

    You are one seriously talented lady. WOW so impressed!

     
  • At 8:41 pm, January 17, 2012, Blogger Sandy a la Mode said…

    i wish i had time to do my nails! love all these!

     
  • At 4:44 pm, January 19, 2012, Anonymous Melissa Allan said…

    How did you do the nails with the sparkles on the tips. I would love to do that for my wedding.

     
  • At 1:12 pm, January 20, 2012, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Melissa, I used a neutral pink creme polish for the base. Then I applied OPI Spark De Triomphe by working vertically down the nail from the tips and using the edge of the brush to drag down strands of the glitter polish. It's important to ensure the brush isn't overloaded with glitter to give you maximum control of its placement. You could also use loose glitter to achieve a similar effect. HTH (and best wishes for your wedding!)

     
  • At 1:13 pm, January 20, 2012, Blogger Unknown said…

    Sarah/Emma/Sandy - thanks ladies :)

     
  • At 9:33 pm, January 25, 2012, Anonymous Hazie said…

    Holy moly, how did you do the transformers one?? Need to know!! :)

     
  • At 2:54 pm, January 30, 2012, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hazie - I just used a silver nail art pen :) It didn't turn out too badly, considering that I was two glasses of wine on at the time I painted it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails