Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Shoe Love: Wedge sandals

Friday, May 18, 2012   |   6 comments


There are only two types of shoes that I can actually walk in, and by "walk" I really mean run for the bus or flee from the undead in the event of a zombie apocalypse rather than get from car door to bar stool.

These two types of shoes are flats and platform wedges. It's all or nothing with me where footwear is concerned because I just can't safely negotiate the world, even if it is (currently) zombie-free, wearing anything between the extremes.

Fabulous flats are pretty easy to find, but fabulous platforms wedges are a different beast altogether. Even this spring/summer when the shops are positively heaving with them, it's hard to find a pair of platform wedge sandals that straddle the fine line between chunky and dressy without looking too '70s. To make matters more complicated, I like my wedges with a t-bar (I think it helps compensate for the leg-shortening effect of an ankle strap) and a peep-toe or similarly tiny front opening (I like to see as little of my big toe as possible.)



These £45 gladiators from Next, which are a more tan, less shite colour In Real Life, would be perfect if my size wasn't sold out. Sadface.

Here are some of my other, mostly far-too-expensive favourites.



Any fellow wedges fans out there? Have you spotted any nice ones this season?

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 5:08 pm, May 18, 2012, Anonymous papillon said…

    Every time I think of wedges I think of Ryan Tubridy pronouncing his hatred of them. That pronouncement just make me want them more. As if we ever dressed for men anyway!

     
  • At 5:32 pm, May 18, 2012, Blogger Rose Eva said…

    wedges are cute! I got a pair of seychelles wedges in the copenhagen style off amazon for $39- so, $80 saved? So yeaaa. other than that, I have heels mostly.. but I rarely wear them. I'm a moccasin girl 100%!

    Rose Eva
    Silhouetted

     
  • At 12:28 pm, May 19, 2012, Blogger Unknown said…

    papillion - wedges and Ryan Tubridy are now inextricably linked for me too! I'd like to see him trying to go a day in Real Heels.

    Himself hates dresses or skirts worn over trousers with a vengeance; I loved to wear them a few (maybe six or seven..? Eek!) years ago. Needless to say I carried on wearing them together until the look fell out fashion despite the fact that he wasn't a fan ;)

    Rose Eva - I adore the look of heels, it makes me so sad that I can't really manage them! Bought my first pair of moccasin/loafer style shoes last summer and ZOMG I love them. Comfy and preppy cool!

     
  • At 9:18 pm, May 19, 2012, Blogger Sabrina said…

    They look cute, your wedge preferences are very specific :-) Topshop and Michael Kors ones are my fave. I really like wedges, my husband hates them (what does he know). They are comfy and make you tall, ah hello, no brainer.

     
  • At 12:07 pm, May 21, 2012, Anonymous Deni-o said…

    What's there to hate about wedges?! Boys are such silly billys. Love those Topshop ones. Damn you Lynnie you insist on finding ways to make me spend my money!

     
  • At 10:44 am, March 26, 2013, Anonymous Womens Wedges said…

    Great shoes! When these pair of shoes come into my eyes, I feel so fantastic. Fashion shoes they are!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails