Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Talon-tastic Thursday: Minnie mani

Thursday, May 17, 2012   |   2 comments



Things I Did Not Know Before Moving To London
- Bedtime is 11PM weekdays
- Londoners really like to queue
- Some dog owners think that cleaning up after their hound means bagging its poo... and then leaving the bag on the pavement
- Catrice and Essence cosmetics are not available in the UK

It's just as well I didn't know about that last one before our move because it could have been a dealbreaker. Never mind that most Essence and Catrice stands in Ireland look like a tornado has blasted by them - so. messy! - these pocket-friendly brands do a great line in nail bits, limited edition collections, and beauty products that generally punch way above their price point. My very favourite matte bronzer is from Essence, and when I finished it several months ago I was on the blower to The Sister immediately, begging her to send me a new one.

So when we were in Tenerife and I espied a shop that stocked both brands, well, I lost the plot a little bit. One of the nail polishes I picked up was Essence Nude Glam polish in Café Olé, which is shot through with a holographic iridescence so subtle it's as good as invisible on the nail and only barely perceptible in the bottle. I used it as the base colour in this neutral mani which got compliments all over the shop when I wore it :)

I know the colours aren't exactly character appropriate, but it kind of reminds me of Minnie Mouse!

Products used:
Orly Bonder base coat
Essence Nude Glam Café Olé
Red and black nail art pens
Seche Vite Top Coat


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails