Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

In which I fall a bit out of love with Seche Vite

Friday, June 15, 2012   |   5 comments


Usually, I have much love for Seche's iconic fast drying topcoat, Seche Vite. It can be applied to wet nails without pulling or dragging nail art and is touch dry within moments to give a high-gloss glass-like shine that lasts for days on end.

I have been less than impressed with my most recent bottle, however. I bought it in Boots during one of their 3 for 2 promotions and cracked it open for its maiden use last weekend.

Notice anything awry?



How about if we zoom in a bit?


Look! Loads of doony black specks! At least they're just on the neck of the bottle and won't affect the product's performance in any way.

Oh wait...



Yeah. You can imagine how unimpressed I am about this. A user on Make Up Alley reported the same problem, so I know it's not a one-off. Seche have been no help in advising what causes it, but I'm guessing it's some kind of fallout from the labelling, which is printed directly onto the glass bottle.

Despite cleaning the neck and inside of the lid and being careful not to disturb the bits that have settled on the bottom of the bottle, new particles appear every time it's opened which renders this brand new bottle of (expensive) topcoat effectively useless.

I'll be inviting the wrath of Boots staff and unboxing all Seche Vite in future to give it the once over before purchase; you might like to do the same.

Black specks ruining an otherwise perfect paint job is never a good look!


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 2:06 pm, June 15, 2012, Blogger Cali369 said…

    I've had this problem too. Very annoying. I ended up decanting the SV from the dodgy bottle into another one, but of course some of the black bits came along for the ride!

     
  • At 12:41 pm, June 16, 2012, Blogger Nailish Ramblings said…

    I'm pretty sure, I remember reading something about this before maybe on the nailboard on makeupalley or a blog, about a year ago. The black bits where coming from the inside of the cap (kinda where the brush clips in), but it was thought to be a one off faulty batch. Did you try bringing it back to boots to at least get your money back, they are usually pretty good?

     
  • At 2:09 pm, June 16, 2012, Blogger Unknown said…

    Cali369 - ack, so frustrating!

    Nailish Ramblings - as the queen of returns, I am absolutely ashamed to admit that it didn't occur to me to try bringing it back. I must be coming down with something ;) That's a great idea, will have a looksee for the receipt!

     
  • At 3:29 pm, June 20, 2012, Blogger Sue Jordan said…

    Ah feck :(

    I've never had this happen, Thank the lawd, it's my go to top coat too.

    I know how good it feels to open a brand new bottle so can imagine your rage :/

     
  • At 9:43 am, June 21, 2012, Blogger Unknown said…

    CherrySue - yeah, it sort of rained all over my New Bottle Excitement alright!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails