Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

NOTD: Nails Inc. Bluebell with polka EVERYTHING.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012   |   4 comments



I fancied something bright and cheerful on my nails yesterday to get the week off to a good started and wound up with this array of polka raindrops, polka daisies, polka hearts, and polka dots, which are still looking perfect today.

The base colour is Nails Inc. Bluebell, free with last month's InStyle magazine, used here for my sister's scalloped/cloud tip nails, and a total nightmare to photograph accurately. It's actually a smidge more vibrant than I've managed to capture here, but the great thing is* it's opaque in two coats.

My toenails are plain lemon today (Rimmel Lemon Drop) because I haven't had time to decorate them (yet.) The yellow is actually surprisingly flattering by itself but, typically, I'm itching to jazz it up.

I might take inspiration from Zooey Deschanel's current manicure, the cuteness of which Jill kindly alerted me to this morning:



Hmmm. Since I would still like to be able to get my shoes on when I've decorated my feet, I think I'll probably have to pass on the giant 3D bows!

* During the Diamond Jubilee celebrations, myself and Himself saw an interview with Prince Charles during which he repeatedly qualified negative experiences by saying "but the great thing was..." before tacking on a positive. At the time we thought it was a hilarious display of British stiff upper lip-ness and it's become a bit of an in-joke, but er actually I have to say I'm also finding it a really helpful counter to my natural pessimism.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 4:57 pm, June 19, 2012, Blogger JessieBeag said…

    I love LOVE the daisy nail! Might try a whole manicure with that - may be hard to get them all as small and perfect as yours, though! Xx

     
  • At 7:13 pm, June 19, 2012, Blogger Scarie said…

    Love love love it! trying to decide what to paint my toenails for holidays, think For Audrey!!!

     
  • At 9:05 pm, June 20, 2012, Blogger Maria said…

    Really fab post - cheered me up nicely when I saw pretty design!!

     
  • At 9:44 am, June 21, 2012, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thanks Jessie! Let me know how it works out for you :)

    Scarie - For Audrey always gets my vote. Such a happy summer colour for holiday feet!

    Maria - yay! I'm glad you like it x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails