Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Talon-tastic Thursday: Hyperreal aztec

Thursday, June 14, 2012   |   2 comments


In order to nudge the value of my basket into free shipping territory on Topshop's website, I added Hyperreal polish to it on my most recent virtual shopping trip. One of their lovely metallic shades, Hyperreal is a glistening burnished rose-gold copper that's not entirely flattering on my skintone - it makes me look sallow in a decidedly jaundiced way - but it's still a really gorgeous shade.

This slightly out of focus pic best captures how three coats of Hyperreal looks without topcoat In Real Life, shimmering and ever so slightly grainy, like copper sand.



That reflective graininess is because the polish is PACKED with almost imperceptibly small flakes of silver and copper. I'm reluctant to even call it micro-glitter because the particles are so teeny tiny! It's a texture that Hyperreal has in common with Topshop's other metallic polishes and I love it; it minimises brush strokes while delivering a gorgeous foil-like finish that reminds me a lot of the Orly Foil FX collection from a few years ago.

So I admired my sparkly new nails for a few minutes and, well, you can guess what happened next.




Yep: I drew all over them using a black nail art pen, like I did with Hyperreal's gold cousin, Crystal Clouds. I just can't help myself.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:44 pm, June 14, 2012, Blogger S said…

    They're gorgeous Lynnie! I always add polish to bump me over the shipping limit thingy (technical term) too :) Love the thumb!

     
  • At 10:08 pm, June 14, 2012, Blogger Unknown said…

    this is amazing! I love the tribal prints you did and it looks so nice with the colour you chose!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails