Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Talon-tastic Thursday: Olympics Special

Thursday, August 16, 2012   |   3 comments


During previous Olympics I've really only taken an interest in events where an Irish athlete was taking part. Living in a host city, though, I was glued to London 2012 good and proper. If I wasn't watching the wall-to-wall TV coverage I was listening to radio commentary or catching up with the day's events in the newspaper.

Needless to say, I loved the (mostly patriotic) nail art that lots of the female athletes were rocking. There *might* been squeaks of delight in our house every time the BBC deigned to show a close-up of fabulous fingernails (and that was just Himself.)


Want more? Check out my Facebook gallery of nails at the 2012 Olympics

We didn't just watch the Olympics from afar, though. We were lucky enough to snag a couple of seats for the historic Women's Boxing Finals in the first round of the ticket lottery and so Himself and his dad and I were there last Thursday to witness Katie Taylor take gold for Ireland.

And for anyone who hasn't already seen them on Twitter, here are the handpainted Irish/Olympics/boxing themed nails I wore to roar Katie to victory.


L: daylight, no flash; R: artificial light, no flash

Products used:
CND Stickey base coat
Topshop Crystal Clouds
Barry M Red Glitter
Rimmel Sea Green
LA Colors Treasure Island
Rimmel Blue My Mind
Yellow and orange polishes (brand unknown)
Black nail art pen (brand unknown)
Seche Vite top coat


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 4:29 pm, August 16, 2012, Blogger Le Smurf said…

    Ooooh. Yours look lovely!

    Also - Himself is so dedicated to the nail cause God bless him!!

     
  • At 10:06 pm, August 16, 2012, Blogger S said…

    Fair play to you for putting all the olympic nails together, haven't seen all of them yet! Yours are fab as per xx

     
  • At 9:59 pm, September 05, 2012, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thanks ladies x

    Le Smurf - he really is, he came to Camden one Saturday with me and he was hilarious, explaining the whole nail art thing to people no bother! I felt a bit bad that he'd absorbed so much of it and worried I might be wittering on about nails too much... until I remembered all the useless fish info that's cluttering up my brain. Fair swap, I'd say ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails