Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

NDOTD*: Yayoi Kusama x Louis Vuitton

Tuesday, October 23, 2012   |   1 comments

* NDOTD = nail design of the day

If you were down the west end of Oxford Street over the last few months, you can't have failed to notice the larger-than-life effigy of Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama presiding over the facade of Selfridges.


I was very taken with the multi-sized polka dots that decorated both the windows and the items in her collaboration with Louis Vuitton, which is how this little departure from winter nails happened:


To DIY, pour a little polish onto some tinfoil and use a dual-ended dotting tool to randomly place large and small dots of contrasting polish on your base colour. Could hardly be simpler, really.

I'm a fan of polka dots anyway and I really like that these ones are a bit irregular - they remind me of these Kate Spade numbers - but I can't decide whether the red and white or the yellow ones are my favourites.

What do you reckon to them?


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails