Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Mani Monday: Love / Hate

Monday, November 12, 2012   |   8 comments



I've done a number of freehand lettered designs on nude nails in the past but have never managed to take to take photos of them until now.

These ones are inspired by "love/hate" knuckle tattoos and are as close to getting inked as I'm ever likely to get. I added a heart and a sugar skull on the thumbs to try and cute things up a bit.

Hate's a dangerous, ugly emotion and a very strong sentiment to wear, which was something I didn't really think about before painting these nails. I felt uncomfortable in them several times - especially when I found myself just flashing the right "hate" hand while, say, putting my PIN number into a keypad at a till. Not a good look, so I ended up self-consciously making sure both hands were always on display in the hope of providing some sort of context.

I'll definitely be using some different vocab for my next foray into nail calligraphy!

Products used
Essence Nude Glam in Café Olé
Essie Escapades
Black and white nail art pens (brand unknown)
Seche Vite topcoat


Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails