Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

My favourite corner of our new flat

Saturday, February 23, 2013   |   4 comments


We're still living in box city following our recent(ish) move, so I've taken to focusing only on this alcove in the living room when I need to not freak out about how much unpacking I somehow have left to do. It is my happy place.

Apart from being the only semi-sorted zone in the whole flat, it houses some of my favourite things: my For Like Ever poster (yes, it's ubiquitous now, but I still adore it. And I had it first), a posy of fresh flowers, and my latest and most awesome furniture acquisition.


This here is my mid-century modern G-Plan sewing cabinet, and houses a fully working sewing machine that hides behind the door on the right when not in use and swings up through a hole in the top when required.

It's basically a Transformer. That's right: THERE IS A TRANSFORMER LIVING IN MY HOUSE. Child-me and grown-up me are so impressed right now.

You can just see the seam of the false lid on the right in this photo.



The telly is in the alcove at the other side of the fireplace, but this corner is getting all the attention, even from Himself. 

Although he did comment at one point: "I never thought I'd have granny furniture in my house". What a heathen.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 11:01 am, February 23, 2013, Blogger Le Smurf said…

    But where are the fish????

    Looks lovely Lynnie - I did not know that your talents go as far as sewing along with everything else like.

    Also I have that poster too. Pretty much framed in white meme que toi and it rests upon a drinks cabinet with candles in ice cream jars. The rest of my flat is on its head I hasten to add. Sob!

     
  • At 12:29 pm, February 23, 2013, Blogger Unknown said…

    lol Le Smurf! Fishies are over the other side of the room - we actually were going to put them on the sewing cabinet but it's too nice as it is, I think, and also then I wouldn't be able to use it for sew stuff. Still trying to figure out where they're going to go.

    Stupid fish.

    I wouldn't say that my talents really extend to sewing; I haven't done very much since secondary school! Wundaweb is my friend. But I'd like to be able to do interiors projects like cushions and maybe my own simple alterations. Hoping to look for classes locally :)

    That sounds like a lovely set-up. It's good to have one pretty place to focus on!

     
  • At 4:13 pm, February 24, 2013, Blogger Le Smurf said…

    Wundaweb. The 8th wonder of the world!!!

    Looking forward to seeing your creations after your classes and also glad to hear that the fishies survived the move and aren't "sleeping with the fishes"

     
  • At 11:03 am, February 26, 2013, Blogger Unknown said…

    Le Smurf - ha ha, it definitely is!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails