Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Talon-tastic Thursday: Caviar doodle nails

Thursday, February 21, 2013   |   7 comments



Forget the Ciaté Caviar Manicure: if I want fish eggs on my nails, I'll DRAW them on, yo.


Since I've been asked a lot lately if I also paint the nails on my "other" hand (the answer is yes, always) I thought I'd give you a rare look at my dominant right hand, painted with my non-dominant left.

I know other nail peeps just do one hand for photos, which is cool beanz, but since I post the nails I actually wear In My Real Life I'd look a wee bit odd wandering around London with just the one hand done.



Ugh, stumpy thumbnail... The main reason you don't see more of my right hand round these parts!

Products used:
OPI Nail Envy as base and top coat
Barry M metallic gold polish (LE over Christmas)
Nubar black nail art pen


Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • At 9:49 am, February 21, 2013, Blogger Unknown said…

    They're great! Nice to see a different spin on the whole caviar mani. My blog posts so far are all manicures I've been wearing for real as well. I have a weird thing, where my non-dominant hand is better at applying full coats of polish than my dominant, but it sucks at nail art! Your right hand looks really good though!

     
  • At 10:55 am, February 21, 2013, Anonymous Sandy Beach said…

    They are fine. I'm going to have to try to reproduce.

     
  • At 12:16 pm, February 21, 2013, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thanks Marilyn. Your pastel cloud nails were only gawjus btw!

    Sandy - deffo give it a whirl!

     
  • At 1:30 pm, February 21, 2013, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thanks Lynnie, I did enjoy doing those ones!

    where did you get your nail art pen from? It just occurred to me that I don't have any nail art pens, and would like to rectify that. Is there any particular brand you'd recommend?

     
  • At 2:22 pm, February 21, 2013, Blogger Unknown said…

    Marilyn, most of the ones I have are unbranded pens that Mam brought me home from holidays - very useful, I know! The Nubar pen I used for this is one I got at the Olympia Beauty show in London last year. I don't know if they have a wide Irish distribution so eBay might be your best bet, it's where I tend to get most of my nail bits 'n' bobs.

    HTH x

     
  • At 12:36 pm, February 23, 2013, Blogger Unknown said…

    Love this idea, they look great too. Love black and gold together! I normally do a simplified version of whatever is on my left on my dominant hand because although I wear my nail art out, I would look hideous with a badly painted right hand, would hardly be any point in the effort. Practice makes perfect though, and looks like you've got it nailed (pun intended) Lynnie.

    Marilyn - I know Paperchase and Newlook both stock nail art pens in Manchester, could maybe check them out if you're in the UK?

     
  • At 11:01 am, February 26, 2013, Blogger Unknown said…

    The Sorting House - black and gold is my go-to colour combo, I think; can't get enough! Practice has absolutely improved my ability to paint my right hand, it's not perfect by any means but definitely passable and that's good enough for now :)

    Great tip on the nail art pens, thank you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails