Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

A very organised weekend

Monday, March 25, 2013   |   2 comments


I spent a good chunk of my weekend rejigging my nail polish stash, figuring out the best way to keep things orderly in my Helmer drawers while minimising the space given over to the dividers themselves. I mentioned a while ago that I was planning to use posterboard, for a set-up like that of Jess at Laquerology, but then I decided to use materials I already had to hand - cardboard boxes salvaged from the recycling bin.

Yep, it's all glamour round here.

The dividers are flimsier as a result, but they still do what I want them to and cost me nothin'.

I simply cut pieces of cardboard to fit either the interior length or width of the drawers, eyeballed where I wanted the cross-sections to be, and snipped cuts halfway through each piece of cardboard at the designated splicing spots. (For anyone in need of a more detailed breakdown of the hows, a quick Google leads me to believe that this might be useful.)

I found it easiest to slot the pieces together outside the drawer and then work the whole thing into place (after lining each drawer with two layers of super thin foam that pieces of our Ikea furniture had come wrapped in. If a job's worth doing, etc)



Bada bing, bada boom: organised drawers without the loss of an inch of storage real estate. 

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 1:01 pm, March 26, 2013, Blogger Happy Bubble Gal said…

    Looks good, are you organising them by brand or colour or size?

     
  • At 4:02 pm, March 26, 2013, Blogger Unknown said…

    By colour. I keep glitters separate to other finishes, but also break them down by colour, and my Chanel and "bought in America" polishes have their own dedicated drawer :)

    It's less convoluted than it sounds, honest!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails