Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Feedly: Like Google Reader, but better.

Monday, March 18, 2013   |   4 comments


If you're Google Reader user like myself, you'll no doubt have heard the news that the service is to be canned on 1st July, thought it was a hoax or a publicity stunt, and then groaned into your screen when it turned out to be true. Himself recommended that I try Feedly as an alternative and it looks like I'm not the only newcomer giving it a whirl: according to the Feedly website, 500,000 Google Reader users have migrated there in the last 48 hours.

Hardly surprising, I suppose, given that it's free to use and the transition is seamless as all your subscribed blogs and starred items from Google Reader will appear in it automagically when you create an account using your Google credentials.


my feed on Feedly

So far, I really like the simple yet designy interface and functionality of the app (for iOS and Android) and the Feedly website - actually, I think I might prefer it to Google Reader.

If you're ready to jump ship to a new RSS reader, Feedly is one that's definitely worth checking out (here's how easy the switch is.)


If you'd prefer to follow along with Lyndar The Merciless and all your other favourite blogs on Bloglovin', there's a handy fix for that, too. Just go to http://www.bloglovin.com/import/reader and click on the blue button that says “Import from Google Reader”.

Simples!


Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 4:48 pm, March 18, 2013, Blogger Jewels said…

    If I use blogger to follow you do I have to change?? Technophobe here!

     
  • At 5:56 pm, March 18, 2013, Blogger Unknown said…

    Jewels - don't panic! If you read the sites that you've subscribed to in your Blogger dashboard reading list, you won't need to do anything as that's a separate service to Google Reader. All will be as normal :)

     
  • At 11:55 am, March 21, 2013, Blogger S said…

    I don't understand any of it, I don't think I'd even discovered google reader before they axed it. Which is probably a good thing now.

     
  • At 12:22 am, June 22, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A major disadvantage of Feedly seems to be tat it will not allow you to scroll back through posts older than 30 days. Can anyone suggest an alternative RSS reader which does?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails