Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

NOTD: Sunny stripes

Tuesday, April 02, 2013   |   3 comments


I don't currently have a single roll of striping tape to my name, but this manicure has made me think that I think I should probably get some because it turns out that trying to snip Sellotape into 34 little sections of roughly equal width is kind of soul destroying.


I painted all my nails with Ciate Big Yellow Taxi, added a layer of Seche Vite so they'd dry quickly, and after 15 or 20 minutes got down to the nitty gritty of this paint job. Working on one nail at a time, I firmly stuck the pieces of tape into place, lobbed on two thin layers of Essie Miss Fancy Pants, immediately removed the tape, and finished with another layer of Seche Vite.


The yellow is a smidge cooler, less of a marigold shade, in person, and brighter even in dim light than it looks here in the sun (THE ACTUAL SUN!!! No joke!)

Products used:
Essie Fill The Gap base coat
Ciate Big Yellow Taxi
Sellotape
Essie Miss Fancy Pants
Seche Vite top coat


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails