Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

On Wednesdays, we wear pink

Wednesday, April 17, 2013   |   2 comments


I brought the dog for a walk yesterday evening and by the time we got home, all of my pretty rose gold glitteriness had slid right off. Sadface. 

This is good news for anyone worried that the PVA peel-off base coat trick might be bad for nails - it literally slipped off my nail plate with a bare minimum of pressure - but obviously very bad news for those who like their polishes to stay on longer than a couple of hours.

Even though I'd wiped my nails down before using it and then gave it a good half hour to dry before applying my glitter, I suspect that neat PVA glue just doesn't form any sort of decent bond with nails. 


For this mani, I diluted a small amount of the glue with water in an old nail polish bottle that I'd cleaned out and been keeping for just such a job. 

Fingers (carefully) crossed that it lasts a little longer!

Products used
PVA glue/water mix (1:1 ratio) as peel-off base coat
Jessica Amira: Smitten Kitten
Claire's Accessories rose gold glitter
Seche Vite top coat


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails