Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

My first Rockstar Shellac: Photos!

Tuesday, June 11, 2013   |   4 comments




My heart was broken trying - and failing - to capture the sparkle of this blingy CND rockstar Shellac manicure in pictures. It just looked a bit, I dunno, flat in every photo. That's why I made the video I showed you on Friday, which is colour accurate and gives the best representation of just how put-your-sunnies-on glitzy it was.

I used a small brush to scrub GOSH nail glitters in Topaz Lavender and Gold into a cured layer of Shellac Romantique (which is actually a sheer pink) before finishing with my Shellac topcoat.

And then, because I can never just leave well enough alone, I added a diamond to each ring finger using regular nail polish :)


Shellac is a professional only product and should be applied by your nail professional; I get to play with it because I'm a tech-in-training.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 10:24 pm, June 11, 2013, Blogger S said…

    That looks so cool, such a nice change from plain shellacs. Gorgeous!

     
  • At 11:37 pm, June 11, 2013, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thanks lady :) I was happy with it, obviously because I got to have semi-permanently blinged out fingertips ;) but also because it lasted perfectly, even if it didn't look quite as perfect as I'd ideally like. Good to know that a treatment can last on me since I'm so heavy handed, I'm the worst/best person to try my skillz out on!

     
  • At 12:29 am, June 20, 2013, Anonymous Alicia said…

    Awwww...this is so cute! This mani rocks!!! I super love the color and the diamond design. Great job!

     
  • At 3:16 pm, June 27, 2013, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thanks Alicia!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails