Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Negative space meets handdrawn lace

Tuesday, September 17, 2013   |   5 comments

There's something super cool about negative space in a manicure. Long championed by LA nail art supremo Madeline Poole it looks fresh and edgy in a world gone nail art crazy, and allowing the naked nail to peep through au natural does away with the need for a base colour. What's not to love?

It's usually worn with a central unpainted portion of nail silhouetted by a polish around its edges, but of course I like to do things a little differently. Since I have such an awful time trying to find nude polishes that flatter my peculiar pale-but-sallow-but-pink skintone, I like think of my natural nail standing in for the perfect neutral base instead and use it as the background for all-over designs. (It's a trick that worked really well for the neon-tipped tribal talons I did on my holidays last year.)

Here's how things played out when I fancied some negative space black lace on mah nails:




Though I say it myself, I think these are definitely worthy of a "BOOM."

BOOM!

Products used
CND Stickey base coat
Black nail art pen
Seche Vite top coat


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 2:40 pm, September 17, 2013, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thats all hand drawn?? HOLY MOSES AMAZING :)

     
  • At 2:55 pm, September 17, 2013, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thanks Cólleen! Yep, all done freehand. It seemed like a good idea when I started; a leeettle bit less so by the end of nail 10 ;)

     
  • At 4:16 pm, September 17, 2013, Blogger Sabrina said…

    Absolutely divine. x

     
  • At 4:53 pm, September 17, 2013, Blogger S said…

    Ah Lynnie you're unreal, that's some of the best freehand I've ever, ever seen. Absolutely amazing.

     
  • At 8:48 am, April 05, 2016, Blogger Nailfame said…

    Hi Lynda! I accidentally found your blog and I am glad I found it! I have recreated this mani of yours! Ofcourse it's not at all perfect like yours, but I thought to share it with you, if you like to see my version,here is a link to my blogpost.http://nailfame.blogspot.in/2016/04/lace-nailart.html. Thank you. :-) Following you now. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails