Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Finger-fabulous Friday: I heart leopard print

Friday, July 01, 2011   |   5 comments


Since I'm a bit (ehem) late with today's (yesterday's?) Talon-tastic Thursday, I thought I'd show you two slightly different takes on my current favourite heart 'n' leopard print design to try and make up for the tardiness. 

{taken with Instagram, colours are brighter In Real Life} 

This here is China Glaze For Audrey with Barry M Peach Melba on the accent nail. The leopard print and heart details were created using my black Sally Hansen nail art pen.

Does the accent nail remind you of anything? Like, say, a pair of shoes that one might covet with covety covetousness?

Like, say, these beauts, which will never be mine because I didn't buy them when they were actually in the shops and they are now absolute unobtanium?




*Weeps quietly in a corner.*

That paint job lasted a solid 7 days before any of the nails chipped, and I'm damned if I can work out why. I slapped on a layer of basecoat (Orly Bonder) and topcoat (Sally Hansen Insta-Dri) as normal and then did all the things you're not supposed to do with your nails (as normal) and it still looked almost perfect when the time came to take it off. 


Usually I get about 2-3 days out of a mani before the first chips appear, so that kind of performance is almost unheard of.

Yesterday, I decided to try Rimmel Lycra Pro in Peppermint. Now, Peppermint's not a dead on dupe of For Audrey. It's lighter, brighter, reads more like a pastel, and is a smidge more green-leaning. 

It isn't, however, a hundred million miles off. Here's a more colour-accurate shot of China Glaze in action and one of Rimmel Peppermint:

{Yuck. Those nails are waaay too long on me.}

{Ah, that's better.}

Of course, within 24 hours I'd gotten busy with a nail art pen (the black from my Nails Supreme set this time) and OPI's ElePhantastic Pink and scrawled all over Peppermint's shiny blue-green ass.


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 9:04 pm, July 01, 2011, Blogger Audrey- The Nail Affair said…

    I love this leopard print colour combo, and the accent nail is a lovely touch! Really want to get a bottle of that china glaze colour, have the rimmel one though and love it!

     
  • At 2:16 pm, July 07, 2011, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thanks Audrey! The CG is a bit of a must have when you're a proper polish maniac, I think; It doesn't matter how many dupes you see or own. I went a bit weak at the knees when I found it in a random Sally's in LA last summer.

     
  • At 12:54 pm, July 25, 2011, Anonymous Babs said…

    OOh I like the minty Rimmel polish I may have to purchase later on in the chemist :)
    I have those shoes, mine are cream with a red heart and I only got them as my cousin bought them on ebay and then they were too small so lucky me got them and for half price too yaaaay!! I must say though even though I wear them to death and they are scented too (like a bubblegum scent) they are not the most comfortable of shoes at all, but I still pretend they are! :)

     
  • At 6:15 pm, July 29, 2011, Blogger Maria said…

    Love the nails - perfect idea for the Galway Races this weekend. :)

     
  • At 12:05 am, August 04, 2011, Blogger Lynda said…

    I'm wearing right now that Rimmel Pepermint and I just love it, it's perfect for summer I think!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails