Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Mmmmm. List.

Thursday, April 30, 2009   |   10 comments


With the May Bank Holiday Weekend just around the corner, I'm in total list-making mode. Lately, because Himself slags my lists unmercifully (in an attempt to get out of doing a tap of decorating, methinks), I've not been writing them down. He reckons that a list committed to paper is ultimately going to result in a flump when Monday rocks around and I realise we - oh who am I kidding, I - haven't done half the stuff I'd planned.

Well, flumps or no, I have so many jobs on the agenda this long weekend, I'm making a list dammit!

→ Sort out clothes mountain piling up in the corner of the room (turns out we're really not chair-in-a-bedroom people. Who knew?)
Clothes mountain relocated to bed in spare room. Also floor in spare room. But we are still calling it a success, ok?
→ Disassemble disgusting IKEA Pax sliding door wardrobe.
Disgusting IKEA Pax sliding door wardrobe taken apart and relocated to corner of spare room. Er, result.
→ Move ginormous IKEA Hemnes chest of drawers to where disgusting IKEA Pax sliding door wardrobe used to be.
Done!
→ Assemble pretty IKEA Hemnes non-sliding door wardrobe.
Done!
→ Assemble IKEA Engan bed frame (yes! We I finally found a simple headboardless bed, woooo!)
Done, but the stupid thing is inexplicably about two inches bigger than the mattress all around which is driving me nuts. I feel an IKEA hack coming on...
→ Put more tester paint squares on the bedroom wall.
→ Feel frustrated about not really knowing what colour to paint the bedroom, let alone what shade to use.
→ Abandon all decorating to flick through back issues of Living Etc and inspiration files for, well, inspiration.
→ Abandon flicking through back issues of Living Etc and inspiration files in favour of arsing about the Internet for a bit, desperately looking for inspiration.
→ Have tea and join Himself on the couch for an episode of Charmed.
→ Cajole Himself to hoover everywhere and maybe do some mopping.
→ Sort out junk corner wall room of spare bedroom.
→ Finish painting kitchen cabinets and affix new hardware purchased from Chloe Alberry on a trip to London with Deni-o in April 2007 (!)
→ Get second coat of paint up on the walls of the kitchen/dining room.
→ Recruit Dad to hang my lovely Cole & Son "Woods" wallpaper in the dining room.

→ Get Himself to get rid of the now redundant middle curtain pole bracket in the sitting room by talking about how it's "a man's job" and will require the use of Power Tools.
→ Finish making a Roman blind for the kitchen window.
→ Hit the carpet shops to find a runner for the stairs, or maybe a runner plus new carpet for upstairs.

No bother!

Labels:

10 Comments:

  • At 4:19 pm, April 30, 2009, Anonymous himself said…

    oh. crap.

     
  • At 11:24 am, May 08, 2009, Blogger deisegal said…

    I spend way too much time making up to do lists, but I tend not to make them too ambitious so I don't get angry with myself on Sunday night. I have had "sew up hole on sleeve of green jumper" on list for the last month so that's still outstanding but usually I get through them as they are quasi shopping lists as well e.g. this weekend there are things to be bought in Argos, not to mention a bin, some lightbulbs and bags of compost from homebase. Oh exciting! Had to write off getting anything done on bank holiday as was going to Waterford. Couldn't possibly feel guilty about not doing house-y stuff that way :)

     
  • At 1:09 pm, May 08, 2009, Blogger Unknown said…

    Deise, those are totally valid list items and I quite like bin shopping so yep, exciting too ;)

    I think I'd have to put things like "get up in morning" and "go to work" and "eat breakfast" on mine to be able to have a list I could cross stuff off of. Every time I moved over the weekend Himself said "Is that on your list?" and when I said no he was like well, maybe you should go put it on your list and then you can cross it off!

    Did get most of the bedroom stuff sorted though which wasn't bad going :)

    Did you have a good weekend anyway, are you from Waterford city or whereabouts?

     
  • At 3:09 pm, May 08, 2009, Blogger deisegal said…

    I'm from Tramore. I had a great weekend. Hadn't been home since Christmas (bit guilty about that - use the commuting as an excuse to never go anywhere at weekends! Not completely guilty though as my brother lives in Portlaoise so my dad comes up to Laois regularly enough - he's retired so what else is he gonna be doing with his time?! hee hee). Top broke off the bin a couple of months ago and still haven't gotten around to getting it replaced so THIS IS THE WEEKEND. Also having an awful trouble replacing facking light bulbs, seems to be a minefield trying to buy new ones...damn eco warriors.

    I would be lost without my lists now at this stage. Even going home for the weekend I had to have a "checklist" of what to bring with me because I hate that feeling of being halfway through county Kilkenny (horrible roads btw..) and having forgotten my glasses or summat. Control freaks r us ;-)

     
  • At 5:44 pm, May 18, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the list.. it's very soothing.

     
  • At 8:31 am, August 16, 2009, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hello, I came across your blog while trying to find reviews about the Ikea Engan bed frame. And so far, you're the only one from my Google searches that has mentioned anything about owning or purchasing the Engan bed frame. Apparently, it is a fairly new design from Ikea.

    Which brings me to my question(s), if you would be so kind to answer: How is the Engan holding up for you? Pros and cons? Would you recommend something else?

    I'm sorry to bombard you with these questions, but this is my first major furniture purchase since moving out and I want to make it count.

    Thank you.

     
  • At 10:12 am, August 17, 2009, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Lily,

    The Engan frame is working out well for us, I can't really fault it. We're just using two of the very basic IKEA slatted bases (Sultan Luroy I think) with it and our own memory foam mattress.

    The one thing I will say is that it's built to look its best with the duvet tucked in between the mattress and the bedframe, there's maybe a 5cm gap all around between the mattress and the frame to accomodate it.

    Hope that helps :)

     
  • At 5:34 pm, August 20, 2009, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Lyndar,

    Thanks for replying back to my post.

    I'm going to check out some other stores before I make my final decision, but so far, I have my eyes set on the Engan.

    Thanks again for your useful comments.

     
  • At 3:24 am, March 12, 2012, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi I came across your blog looking for reviews on this bed frame as well. A few years later and I'm wondering how the frame is holding up for you? Specifically the metal legs.

     
  • At 12:07 pm, March 14, 2012, Blogger Unknown said…

    Anon - it's holding up fine, no problems with it, and the legs are still in pretty much perfect shape :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails