Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Problem with Plan Pom Pom

Wednesday, December 02, 2009   |   6 comments


Have found the perfect mini multi-coloured pom poms for my spare room curtain madness project. It's harder than you might think to find mixed coloured pom poms in one size and decent, non-glittery, non-pastel colours. And although they're a bit of a steal at only €1.99, I haven't put in an order yet.

That's because the company who supply them, EdQuip in Arkleh, charge a standard €7.50 for delivery. That, by the by, is what An Post would charge for parcels up to 1.5 metres long and up to 2kg in weight. When I emailed to explain that I'm only looking to purchase one packet of these (not very heavy, not very big) and could they give me a better price on delivery, I got no response.

So I've just put in a call to EdQuip, explained the situation, and the very nice lady I spoke to told me that they could waive the delivery charge - deadly! - if I was ordering goods worth more than €50.

Ah. Genius.

It'd almost be cheaper for me to drive to Arkleh, stop somewhere nice for lunch along the way, and feckin' buy the things in person.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 5:07 pm, December 02, 2009, Blogger SJ said…

    or you could drive to Arklow, do a little browsing in the Bridgewater Shopping Centre and go for lunch in the gorgeous The Park restaurant located in Castlepark, just off the main street ... yes I know the owners but I know my food and its worth the drive ... and you get your pom poms :)
    On another note, where are you located? if its dublin drop me an email and I could pick them up for you .. no problemo!

     
  • At 5:13 pm, December 02, 2009, Blogger Unknown said…

    Iiiiiinteresting, Sarah-Jane - I could make a proper excursion of it :D

    I'm actually in the back arse of Portarlington but thanks for that, you're very kind!

     
  • At 10:27 pm, December 02, 2009, Blogger deisegal said…

    Do you know if Art & Hobby shop stock it? There's one near enough to my office, it wouldn't be too hard for me to get it to you if they did have it, seeing as we er...live in the same kip, I mean town and all ;)

     
  • At 2:40 pm, December 07, 2009, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ah thanks Deise, that's very nice of you! They don't stock them in-store but a very nice SA in The Art & Hobby Shop in Whitewater is going to order them in especially for me which is pretty sound :D

     
  • At 8:50 pm, December 09, 2009, Blogger deisegal said…

    That is very nice of them. I hardly ever go to Whitewater but when I was working in Portlaoise for the summer I suddenly saw it in a new light as I was so starved of decent shops!

     
  • At 8:14 pm, December 20, 2009, Blogger Aoife - Babaduck said…

    If you had no joy, give me a shout... I can pick them up for you (and my rates are WAY better!!!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails