Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Talon-tastic Thursday: Pink and orange and glitter, oh my!

Thursday, May 27, 2010   |   5 comments


Right, I am so supposed to be working and making my dinner right now, but I just wanted to really quickly show you the paint job I wore to the Curragh last Sunday for a day of racing with our friend Pamela, her boyfriend Vlado, her Aussie colleague Catherine, and Catherine's new squeeze Allistair.

While the others all made money, I lost a tenner in the first race I bet on and promptly decided to put my money into glasses of cool white wine instead. Sip, sip, aaaaah.
 

To put the talons in context, here's the outfit I was sporting:


I know it's difficult to tell from the above, truly dreadful photo, but the material of the skirt of this frock is iridescent when the light catches it. Here's a quick close-up to hopefully show that a bit better:


Now, since the weather was so absolutely uhmazing - I can't remember the last time I went out in public with bare legs and shoulders - I wanted to keep things nice and bright for the fingernails, too, and the print of the dress and golden shimmer put me in mind of an Indian or Moroccan Summer mani.


We'll have none of that desperate to win ladies' day boring understated chic here, ta...

* Headpiece: borrowed from the sister
* Dress: Chupi
* Top: Camaieu
* Grosgrain ribbon worn as belt: A. Rubenesque
* Corsage: Penneys
* Shoes: Bershka

* Nails: Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Fucshia Bling Bling (pink), Chanel Orange Fizz (accent nail), topped with a graduated layer of Lancome BB Sand

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 7:56 pm, May 27, 2010, Blogger likemamusedtobake said…

    I want that dress, no no scratch that, I need that dress!

     
  • At 12:30 pm, May 28, 2010, Blogger Anneelicious said…

    That outfit is absolutely gorgeous - I love it!

    And I know exactly what you mean about the Ladies Day outfits - most of the winning ones are so blah and boring.

     
  • At 5:45 pm, May 28, 2010, Blogger Unknown said…

    lol daiseeboo, thanks!

    The outfit that won on Sunday was a champagne coloured satin-y knee length fitted dress with one ruffled shoulder, worn with a big ol' tilted black hat, black stilettos, and black handbag.

    Zzzzz, especially when two gojus outfits (one Jackie O/Audrey look complete with pillbox hat, one fab maxi dress with bronze flipflops and bronze metal fascinator) that I'd tipped FTW earlier in the day were shortlisted alongside it.

     
  • At 10:48 pm, May 29, 2010, Anonymous Alethea said…

    Wow Lynnie-your outfit was stunning! Are you sure you are not moonlighting as a stylist in your free time??? :-)

     
  • At 5:35 pm, June 14, 2010, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thank you Alethea :) you're very sweet!

    P.S. Your tenner's in the post ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails