Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Talon-tastic Thursday: CND Shellac in Tropix

Thursday, June 24, 2010   |   0 comments


I test drove CND's new Shellac for last week's Herald article and I thought you might like to see how it wore on my nails.

It didn't occur to me to take any photos early in the life of the manicure, but you can take my word for how glossy and shiny and feckin' indistructible Shellac was on my nails from the get go. (And if you're wondering what the hell Shellac is when it's at home, see my Beaut.ie post here for the lowdown.) 


They stayed chip free for 13 lovely long days of colour, and here they are on Day 15:


Quite a bit of regrowth, which didn't really bother me, and would probably be less obvious with a French manicure or a nude colour. Other than that and the chip on the middle nail and wear on the nail of the little finger of this hand, it was almost as good as the day it was applied. On the opposite hand, it was the middle and thumb nails that started to go first, but not until day 14 of the manicure.

Tropix is a gorgeous coral - that photo doesn't really do it justice - and I think it was part of the reason I didn't get bored having the same colour on my fingers for a fortnight. I was bold and removed it myself with a bottle of acetone rather than going to the pros, but even so it came off beautifully and left my nails undamaged.

Love it!


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails